We are going to Houston tomorrow-- as in all 3 of us. The opthalmologist thinks Ezekiel may need eye surgery to avoid retena detatchment and therefore blindness. There are no pediatric opthalmologists who perform this surgery in San Antonio, so we are headed to Houston. HOPEFULLY he will NOT need surgery-- Please please please pray that the doctors will just be amazed at how his eye has healed. If he does need surgery, we will be staying in Houston for at least 2 weeks. So if you want to get a hold of us, please try our cell phone.
Please pray for me, I just don't feel like I can handle this. I have become incredibly routine-dependent durring these last few months, and so to have to pack for an undetermined amount of time at the drop of a hat and leave my house and my "normal" life is really difficult for me right now. Not to mention how worried I am about Ezekiel. If he has to get this surgery, he will have to be put back on a ventilator. That is just so scary, since the last time he was on one he almost died from a pneumothorax (the pressure from the ventilator popped a hole in his lungs and he had to get 3 chest tubes). Please pray.
Sorry no new pictures but I am in a hurry to go to bed so I can get up early to pack. I will try to update again as soon as possible. I don't know what sort of internet access we will have in Houston. No laptop, so we are a little stuck.
The good news is that yesterday Ezekiel just "clicked" with the bottle. He took 3 whole bottles in one day! That is after WEEKS of trying to get him to take even a few sucks from a bottle. This is really really encouraging. We really thought he might make it home before thanksgiving. If it wasn't for the eyes, he probably would have. But maybe still he won't need surgery. Anyhow, I really need to go to bed. Sorry this is so rushed. I love you guys!