Saturday, April 11, 2009

Per request of Michelle


Here is a video for you all.  I promise Daniel isn't naked!  :)  

We've had a busy and fun week here.  Tuesday a friend came over to knit, Wednesday some friends from Kentucky stopped by to visit since they were in town, Thursday we had a Sater (spelling?) dinner at our church for holy week, and then yesterday we went to a birthday party at the park for our friend (little) Terry.  He turned 6.   Daniel also left with our friend (big) Terry to go to Kentucky to visit family and look for land! :) :) :)  I miss him already.  I know he will have a wonderful time seeing his new niece and nephew!!  

I have a cool story to tell you all.  So we had no crib for Ezekiel, and we've started to need one because he's outgrown his little moses basket.  He's been sleeing on a blanket on the floor for a week or so, which is totally fine with me, but now he's starting to scoot and roll everywhere, so he needs to be contained!  Normally I don't even think to pray for stuff like this, but since we're trying to save money, I prayed that God would provide a crib or a pack n' play, something along those lines.  Well Thursday night our neighbor showed up at our door with a pack n' play!  She gave it to us, and continued to tell me that they had a whole bedroom set of baby furniture they don't need any more and asked if we would like to have it!  A (practically new, matching) crib, changing table, and dresser!  Isn't that amazing?  It's always so cool when God provides for our needs.  And he didn't just send us the bare minimum-- he overabundantly gave us more than I had asked for!  What a vivid reminder that God loves us and wants to bless us!  

4 comments:

Paige said...

Awww....he's having so much fun playing with his daddy :) And that's so awesome about the crib and baby furniture! You'll be set for the future little Pike-sters, if you and Daniel haven't decided to call it quits yet.

I hope that Daniel has a great trip to Kentucky and finds you all the perfect little homestead!

Luanne in Ohio said...

Hey, Ezekiel. Happy First Easter!
Love, Grandma L in Ohio

Luanne in Ohio said...

Kristin - I know Ezie looks like a Pike, but every time I look at him lately he looks so much like David (which is also like your baby pics, with less hair). What do you think?

Kristin said...

I also think he looks a bit like David.

A lot of people have asked me where he gets his "slanted" eyes from-- do you know?