Friday, April 24, 2009

Experimenting

I just "made" my own lotion!  Sort of...  I took a bottle of Aveeno unscented lotion, dumped it all out in a bowl (easier said than done), added orange and pachouli essential oils, mixed, and put the lotion back in the bottle.  In the process I got rather messy and now I am totally covered from head to toe in my new lotion so as to not waste the bits I couldn't get back into the bottle.  I smell wonderful!  I just put a little of the essential oils in, so it's really just a light fragrance- hopefully not overkill.  Anyhow, yum.  I just wanted to share.  

We made an offer on our 39 acres yesterday... we should hear back within the next 5 days.  I will let you all know what happens!  

I don't remember if I put this picture up before.  I don't think I did.  It's from a month or so ago, but it's just too cute to not share.  :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How is the patchouli orange combination? Sounds yummy! Aimee

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Have you ever made candles? I'm thinking we need to experiment with that next!

Kristin said...

Aimee-- I really like it!

Jessy-- no i haven't-- but I agree that we should try!

Luanne in Ohio said...

Hey Kristin -

Ever hear of a Tummy Tub? I saw it on the news this morning. It's a clear, vertical bathtub for babies that mimics the womb. It also is great, they say, for colicky babies. They had about 1/2a dozen babies in these on the news this morning, and they were having a ball....they even had twins in one Tummy Tub. Here's the link if you want to see the tubs...I'm assuming we can order them in the U.S.....they are made in England.

www.tummytub.co.uk/about.html

Love you,
Mom

Luanne in Ohio said...

Oops...another Tummy Tub video link...for the video I saw this morning:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

Click on the Tummy Tub video. the picture is on the upper right side of the screen...at least it should be through midnight Friday.

Love,
Mom