Thursday, March 25, 2010

The first bump...

The hoop house is nearly set up, the electricity was supposed to be run yesterday. The electrician went out there to run the line but called us to say that he couldn't do it because the hoop house is too close to the power line. It's 10 feet away which is the county policy, but the electrician told us that the electrical company's policy is 25 feet. So today Daniel has gone to the electric company office to see if he can get them to be leniant about the policy. HOPEFULLY they will be kind... otherwise we will either have to disassemble the hoop house and move it over 15 feet, pay to have the power line moved (thousands of dollars!), or possibly get a hydro-electric generator (my favorite option as I would love to be off-grid anyway). We'll see what happens! My husband is very charismatic and reasonable, I imagine they won't be able to resist his charm ;)

I'll let you know the next turn of events! Meanwhile our bungalow (aka travel trailer) will be arriving on Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait to have my home back!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Ug! And you even were so careful to check and everything! I hope that Daniel has favor with them! :)

I'm ecstatic here in Maine, watching you all get to do what you've always dreamed of! SOOOO happy for you and I love reading about all your steps!

Btw, I remember you telling me about wanting to get away from the Cornish X....I had mentioned Freedom Rangers (I love the name even more these days, haha), but here's another one that might be an option. It looks really similar to the Freedom Ranger, so maybe it's the same thing by another name. Just scroll to the bottom of the page. It's the Moyer's K-22 Red Broiler. Such a pretty chicken, too! Love you guys!

http://www.moyerschicks.com/MC-Web/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=37

Kristin said...

I love you too paige! I can't wait till you move home too! :)

Kristin said...

And yes, those k-22s look nice- maybe we can try them out